• Running cooking sessions, leading a team of volunteers to create a three-course meal in a limited timeframe.
• Ensuring the team are following the food safety procedures set out in our kitchen handbook.
• Inducting new volunteers into the kitchen.
• Encouraging the whole team to have input into planning a tasty, healthy, and nutritionally balanced menu.
• Communicating with other Cooking Project Leaders and your Project’s Surplus Food Coordinator(s) to ensure the store of dry/tinned goods is kept tidy and well stocked.
• Completing the weekly checklist in the kitchen handbook, and the weekly session report via the Project Leader portal.
You don’t need to have any previous cooking experience – you just need to love food and motivating people!
Fundify is a tech for good start-up, helping individuals to find grants for education, poverty and disability.
We're looking for volunteers to support with a new project supporting girls to build confidence and self-esteem in secondary schools. The role will involve being part of group sessions with girls to discuss the issues that are relevant to their lives