Please note: we see this role as being very flexible and you would not be expected to undertake all of these responsibilities.
- To help to deliver and promote our campaigns and key messages to supporters and the general public.
- To ensure the voice of dyslexic people is heard by helping to build a movement to work towards a society that supports and values dyslexic minds.
- To raise awareness of the issues of dyslexia and dyscalculia and to boost the profile of the British Dyslexia Association.
- To inspire others to take action, to form alliances and join forces to bring about change.
- To encourage people to engage with the British Dyslexia Association including signing up to our mailing list or becoming individual members, and to promote other areas of our charity’s work.
- To organise events to raise awareness and build support.
Just 30 minutes of your time a week could make a massive difference to an older person's life. If you're empathetic and good at talking on the phone, you could be a Telephone Befriending volunteer for Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind.
Social Lights links volunteers with adults who have learning disabilities or autism, who access Adult Social Care support. Volunteers support people to access community activities and gain self confidence and social integration.
We need volunteers to provide emotional support and practical help to bereaved families, witnesses and others attending Inquests at the Coroner’s Court. Our volunteers at court also provide help and assistance to the Coroner’s Officers, if required.